Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday



My friend Grace and I out shopping.







Downtown Jos









Sweet friends. Met at SIM in 2008





Shopping for fabric at the market.


These are pictures from my day of shopping. I am so excited to get some Nigerian clothes made! Hopefully they will be ready in about a week, and I'll post pictures...as long as they look ok!

School has been in session for a week and half. I have seventeen sweet, energetic third graders! They keep me on my toes. Hillcrest School has done a great job at making the new staff feel welcome. They had two huge laundry baskets full of groceries and household items. It was such a blessing. Shopping and cooking here takes a lot more time and planning than at home. You can't just run to Walmart and pick up something. I'm adjusting to instant coffee. Yum. I'll be ready for a latte when I get home. Back to school. I'm still adjusting to the fact that I teach in a Christian school. We pray during the day and I teach Bible every day. In third grade they begin with Genesis. The other day I was surprised and excited by all the questions they were asking. It challenges me to study more and find the answers to their questions. Please pray for their hearts that they would be soft and receptive to the gospel.
My apartment was furnished when I came here. I also got a brand new table and coffee table. They are so nice! I look forward to getting some things to decorate, but it's so great to not have to worry about it.
I have signed up to do a discipleship group on Tuesdays after school. Another teacher and I will be leading it together. I believe that we are going to be doing the ninth and tenth graders. It will be a coed group and we will do topical studies. I hope that this will be a great way for me to be more involved at Hillcrest and invest in other students. I enjoyed working with the high schoolers the past couple of years at Briarwood and I hope that I can be some encouragement to these kids. Please pray for wisdom in planning and that we would find favor with them.
This morning I am getting ready to go the Plateau church. This will be my third church to visit since I've been here. Please pray that I would find a church soon where I can be fed and also be invested in the church. I look forward to finding a "church home". I'll write more later. Please let me know if there is anything you want to know and please let me know how I can be praying for you! Love in Christ







4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you in some Nigerian clothes! How about some pictures of your apartment when you get a chance. Everyone at work has been asking about you, so now i can give them an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend! We miss you but I am glad to see some pics of Grace! I now have a face with a name! Love the other pics of your life in Nigeria! Miss you much...want to chat soon! Love.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather Feather!

    I miss you friend and I am so thankful for the warm welcome you have gotten! And I am excited to see you in your Nigerian clothes too!

    Love you!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm so glad you get to teach the Bible in school...and pray! I'm sure that is a welcomed change. So proud of you for leading a high school study too!! You're such a busy woman, I'm sure. So have you found a church yet?

    ReplyDelete