Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

It's been a few days since my last entry...well a few months. I am going to be updating this more often! I don't think that's too high of a goal!
There have been some changes to my plans since I last wrote. I am now going to be teaching 3rd grade at Hillcrest School in Jos, Nigeria. I will need to be there by the end of July to be ready to start school in August. When I think of all that needs to be accomplished, I have to take a deep breath. But then, I remember who we serve. We serve the one and only true God. He is the author of Life and I trust that He will provide.
Before I leave in July, I need approximately $10,000 in my account. The rest of my support can be promised through monthly donations. My monthly needs total $2,133. Please consider making a one-time gift or joining my team and supporting me monthly. I also ask for your prayers during this time of preparation.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to meet or have a phone conversation. I would love to talk with you!

Have a fantastic week!

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6

4 comments:

  1. Your blog looks so pretty Heather! It's amazing to think that you'll be in Africa by the summer! Wow!
    I'm going to link your blog to mine and also do a post about it so that maybe some of the people who read my blog might donate. One question: the link that you have to SIM, will they know that the donation is intended for you or will people need to put your name in it somewhere? I don't want the donations to end up going somewhere else and not to your account.
    (((Hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that is so awesome! I can just picture you with those kids and what an amazing blessing it will be for you! I'm sad that I never get to see you at school and that I haven't been able to talk to you more than I do. I wish we had a lot of money so I could promise to help you out each month! We are going to miss you at EHES, but I know that you are going for a higher purpose, and I know God is going to so richly bless you for your obedience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather!!! You never sent me an email with your information! I just got the invite for the Bingo night from Facebook and found your blog.

    I'm going to do what I can to come, and we'll also be making some sort of donation.

    I'm so proud of you and all you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I had no clue you had a blog...where have I been?? Blog looks great! Can't wait to read updates! Love you!

    ReplyDelete